Welcome to the WSU 100th Anniversary of Extension Tool Kit
We need your help, at the county level, to help publicize Extension’s birthday. This year-long celebration provides an excellent opportunity to share Extension’s many accomplishments of the past century, as well as to help launch us into the next 100 years.
On this page, you will find resources and information to help you promote and celebrate the anniversary. We will continue to add to the toolkit as resources are developed. If you have ideas or suggestions please submit them to: email@example.com.
Here some ideas to help you raise awareness of the centennial in your programs and to organize centennial celebrations in your county:
- Add the 100th Anniversary logo to websites, social media, email, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Add the 100th Anniversary email signature to your email signature.
- Send a letter to the editor about the anniversary and achievements of Extension to your local newspaper.
- Write an article or press release about the impacts Extension has had in your local community or county.
- Create a presentation highlighting accomplishments in your county over the past 100 years.
- Post Anniversary posters and tabletop signs in local venues, including libraries, schools, community centers, bookstores, etc.
- Include a 100th Anniversary slide in all of your presentations.
- Secure speaking engagements at local community centers, Chamber of Commerce, schools, club meetings to talk about Extension’s impact on your county.
- Challenge volunteers to give 100 hours of service to community to celebrate the Anniversary.
- Encourage local community members to submit their story through our 100 Stories About Extension form. Or, create a short video to include in the project and for use with social media.
- Set up a 100th Anniversary table or display at local events, including farmers markets, fairs, classes and meeting.
- Add Anniversary banner and logo to your Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter pages.
- Like, share, and comment on our centennial celebration posts:
- Use hashtag #Ext100 for your tweets