Line Worker Award
2018 Nomination packet will be available in July.
Congratulations to Rosalinda Garces from LambWeston – Quincy. She is the second recipient of the Annual Line Worker Award! Rosa received a beautiful engraved glass award and a $500 monetary award. We encourage more companies to nominate their deserving line workers during the 2018 workshop!
She is dedicated to help others to comprehend all levels of sanitation. How to be safe, how to clean, when to clean, and where to clean. Plus, how to document the work properly. Most importantly of all she is not shy about making suggestions and/or corrections where needed. Her drive to help others to be exceptional is truly appreciated. She is one of the reasons LambWeston – Quincy is in compliance. Rosa is a good organizer, communicator, and leader. Together with her 35 years of experience, attitude, and work ethic, she delivers every single day AND she makes everyone laugh.
2017 Nominees are the following:
Jaime Acevedo – Pacific Seafood Group
Jose Castro – Pacific Seafood Group
Tim Dingman – LambWeston
Steve Dunham – Trident Seafoods
Becky Erickson – LambWeston
Edgar Garcia Castellanos – Skagit Valley Farm
Humberto Ocampo – Allan Brothers
Cerapio Ramirez-Solis – LambWeston
Terrance Wesley – LambWeston
Tiffany Williams – Washington Crab Producers
This annual award recognizes an employee for exceptional service and commitment to food safety and sanitation within their company. The recipient of the award shows exemplary commitment to food safety and goes above and beyond the required job duties to build a food safety culture.
Criteria for the Award Selection:
- Has the basic knowledge and training in food safety and sanitation, required to perform their job.
- Goes above and beyond their job responsibilities in ensuring the high commitment for the food safety and sanitation.
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to food safety and sanitation.
- Is proactive in helping the team build the culture of food safety.
- Is a model employee of the company.
- Has great potential to be a leader and influencer in their area of work.
- A Plaque and $500 monetary award will be presented at the Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop.
- Award recipient is high encouraged to attend the workshop to receive the award.
- Award winner registration fee will be waived for the Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop.
- All nominees will be acknowledged at the workshop.
Only one line worker employee from a facility can be nominated for the award.
A cover letter, completed nomination form, and three letters of references should be included with the nomination.
The reference letters should be from somebody who has observed the employee in their role related food safety and sanitation.
The nomination packet has to be submitted electronically as one pdf document to this email address – WSUFoodProcessing@gmail.com.
The steering committee will review all the applications and select the awardee.