Line Worker Award
To download the Line Worker Award in PDF form, please click here.
This annual award recognizes an employee for exceptional service and commitment to food safety and sanitation within their company. The recipient of the award shows exemplary commitment to food safety and goes above and beyond the required job duties to build a food safety culture.
Criteria for the Award Selection:
- Has the basic knowledge and training in food safety and sanitation, required to perform their job.
- Goes above and beyond their job responsibilities in ensuring the high commitment for the food safety and sanitation.
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to food safety and sanitation.
- Is proactive in helping the team build the culture of food safety.
- Is a model employee of the company.
- Has great potential to be a leader and influencer in their area of work.
- A Plaque and $500 monetary award will be presented at the Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop.
- Award recipient is high encouraged to attend the workshop to receive the award.
- Award winner registration fee will be waived for the Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop.
- All nominees will be acknowledged at the workshop.
Only one line worker employee from a facility can be nominated for the award.
A cover letter, completed nomination form, and three letters of references should be included with the nomination.
The reference letters should be from somebody who has observed the employee in their role related food safety and sanitation.
The nomination packet has to be submitted electronically as one pdf document to this email address – WSUFoodProcessing@gmail.com.
The steering committee will review all the applications and select the awardee.
Congratulations to Armando Haro from Borton Fruit. He is the first recipient of the Annual Line Worker Award! There were six finalists for this year and each person was equally deserving of the award, but we had to narrow it down to one person. Armando received a beautiful engraved glass award and a $500 monetary award. We encourage more companies to nominate their deserving line workers during the 2017 workshop!
Nominees 2016 are the following:
Romeo Duron – Kershaw Fruit
Juanlo Hernandez – Pacific Seafood
Joseph Kintner – Cowiche Growers
Frances Maunder – Pacific Choice Seafoods
Adrian Silva – Allan Brothers