To focus on education, prevention, technical assistance and control of noxious weeds through voluntary compliance with RCW 17.10 and WAC 16-750. The program strives to detect and remove early infestations, provides weed identification workshops and publications, and offers technical assistance on weed identification and methods of control.
The Noxious Weed Board Will Provide:
- Accurate information about the kind, extent and significance of exotic weed species in San Juan County to County residents.
- Coordinated efforts to detect and prevent the spread of noxious weeds.
- Improved management practices for rights of way, utility corridors and land-based enterprises such as agriculture and forestry to achieve biodiversity goals.
- Broad-based support to government, educational institutions, civic organizations, churches and other interested groups making noxious weed awareness a community-wide commitment.
- 2012 San Juan County Noxious Weed Control Status Report
- 2012 San Juan County Biocontrol Summary Table 2
Brochures, order forms and other literature are available through the Weed Control Program at 376-3499.
- 2014 SJC Noxious Weed List
- Introduction to Washington Weed Law
- Photos, written findings & Washington State Weed Law Washington State Noxious Weed Board
- King County’s Noxious Weed Identification Booklet
- Livestock Poisoning Plants of Whatcom County
Try a Weed Wrench™
to eliminate Scotch Broom!
Weed wrenches may be checked out for free from the following sources:
Orcas – SJC Noxious Weed Board office in Eastsound (8 wrenches) 376-3499
San Juan – SJC Public Works (1 wrench) 370-0500; SJC Land Bank (4 wrenches) 378-440
Lopez- Public Works Office (2 wrenches) 370-0500
Purchase a wrench at:
Uprooter (888) 801-0201
or (541) 226-9872
Grants Pass, OR 97528
Noxious Weed Pamphlets
Information on identification, eradication or control.
- Bull Thistle
- English Ivy
- Herb Robert
- Scotch Broom
- Tansy Ragwort
- Himalaya and Evergreen Blackberries
- Poison Hemlock
- Giant Hogweed
- Spurge Laurel
- Common Fennel
- Yellow Archangel